Saturday, April 18, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 38

Day 37 - April 17th 2009

Morning

It seems different today. In Texas, nice hotel, day off, I can think of a billion reasons but I’m pretty sure I know why. I felt so much better after my mini meltdown last night after the Denton show. It’s nice to have one’s brain functioning properly, and to finally have a grip/perspective on things. It’s also nice to have a day off in a nice hotel. I was determined to do absolutely nothing all day but I quickly realized I had some TV to catch up on and that I had some laundry to do, my clothes were drenched in my man juices and needed to be cleaned.

I started the day off with a shower and breakfast, then I opened up my book of nonsense and tried to see fi I could pull a song out of the babble that I had written down the night before. Success on that front. I’m a firm believer in writing and re-writing to get the song right. Of course you don’t wanna second and third draft the song’s raw power away but there are always things you may miss or things that could be said better if you take a second look. I think the tune might be ready by the time we hit LA next week.

I spoke at great length with Mom and Dad. The talks get longer the closer I get to returning home. I often wonder how difficult it’ll be to readjust to my old life. I spoke with Rob as well, I hadn’t spoken with him since before I left, it was good to hear his voice. It’ll be good to get back to business with the boys.

I noticed my cough/hoarsness in my chest had returned. We were in the south when I had it before so I’m hoping that it has something to do with the Texas air and not that I’ve done damage to my voice.

I laid around for a while picked my dirty clothes bag up out of my suitcase and took it down to the washer/dryer to make sure my clothes would no longer smell like balls. Then as I was hanging in the laundry room Sean mentioned a Karaoke place around the corner from he hotel. I had so much fun when we did it in Michigan I was there with bells on. The Bang Camaro singers as well as Sadler Vaden woke up the dead, empty bar and got em movin. It’s always fun to roll into a place like that 8 deep and have more than half of them be really good singers. I had a blast with the guys, singing and dancing and while nine.

When we go back I blew up m mattress and immediately went to bed. The last stretch of the tour begins tomorrow in Amarillo and I’ve got a 6 hour van ride with 15 people

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter