Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 48

Day 47 - April 27th 2009

It’s definitely 5:30 and I wake up to a familiar sight. Sadler and Carmen are asleep on the floor and Fox’s in the bed next to me. Today I leave and head back to reality. I said good bye to the Leslie boys as we left them to get ready to take their flight.

Everything was smooth as mom dad and I headed to the airport and got on a plane. Best not to think about everything right now. I’m headed home, I can’t wait to see everyone. It was gonna be a long flight and unfortunately this laptop isn’t built for that…I’d love to watch Nick and Norah on the plane. We’d fly a couple of hours and end up in Arizona. I spoke with a musician who just played a festival she had a ukulele and a banjo we discussed some music, the tour, everything. She was cool peoples.

We hopped on the plane that would take me back to Philadelphia. I couldn’t help but listen to Bang Camaro II on the way back. I found this like hidden song at the end of the last track, something about Stiletto heels. I should ask Bryn where the rest of that tune is it was like a minute long. My mind was focused on the task at hand. I had to make sure I got to Philly Rising, the Open Mic that I host on time. I’d been gone long enough so if I could get there on-time I would love to.

I thought I’d be happy to be home but I almost choked up when I saw the skyline. It was good to be home. It couldn’t have went smoother. We got off the plane took a cart to baggage and our bags were right there. The shuttle to take us to the parking lot pulled right up and by 7:05 I was back on stage at World Café Live. Deep sigh of relief.

Open Mic was amazing. I was very excited to see so many new faces. There were a buttload of talented people including Jason Min from Miss Vintage who won tonight. My best friends Casey, Zach and Julie showed up and hung out with me. It was so great to see them after being away. We wrapped up around 11 and I got in the car and went home. It was 2 and I was still up still on West Coast Time. Had a quick Facebook convo with Jason Fox and decided I should try to catch up on some sleep

I got a whole lot of thinking to do tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter