Monday, April 20, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 40

Day 39 - April 19th 2009

We woke up in a hotel that was not unlike Dimension X. In the front the amazing looking renovated area where I’m guessing suites were built. You turn a quick corner and you are in the Richard Allen Projects which is where we were staying. The rooms were nice, but the hallways looked like someone would be sellin crack a few weeks down. I got word that our Jimmy Kimmel appearance will be taped on Friday and air Wednesday April 29th as opposed to being aired live. Good news is we can all watch it together.

I journeyed into the lobby in search of free and I have to say that the free was pretty underwhelming compared to the other spots we’ve hit. Not saying I didn’t eat it but I’m gonna need hem to step up their free game in case I ever come back through.

We start driving headed towards Albuquerque and we stopped at a rest stop. I saw a sweet cowboy hat but it wasn’t quite sweet enough to buy so I left it there. Pete did pick up a box of meal worms, I ate one. Kinda tasted like pork rinds. I throw my Ipod on (which I often do in the car to keep me from talking save my voice) and I look out and gaze at the landscape, something I often find myself doing these days. It’s like being on another planet. I mean I’ve seen things other than Philadelphia but not like this.

Thirty minutes later we pull over. Getting out to inquire about what’s wrong I see that the axel had come off one o the wheels on the trailer. Apparently a woman driving next to us gave us the heads up. Another example of the Lord looking after babies and fools. That tire could have come off and something bad could have happened.

So we spent the next two hours in the New Mexico desert hanging out. I worked on that song, came up with an idea for something I could write for the Camaro, and then we all played wiffle ball for the next hour or so. We’ve established the fact that I can’t hit worth a damn. I think I even popped my shoulder. The tow truck came and got the trailer after about two and a half hours. They came in a flat bed truck and hoisted the trailer onto it.

Load

We continued on our journey to Albuquerque and as we arrived I noticed some rough looking customers in some really hot cars. As we exit the car we see a guy with a gun on him. We were more comfortable thinking he was an undercover cop so we went inside and loaded the gear.

We went to a restaurant for some more free this time provided by the venue who paid for us to eat at a restaurant down the street. We watched Zombie Strippers and I ate a grilled chicken sandwich. We got out just before the really horrible DJ’s got goin.

We played to a thin crowd for the second time in a row. We still rocked their faces off. The crowd was enthusiastic. One guy even jumped on stage and sang, his death metal scream was ridiculous. Then another guy picked up a monitor and threw it towards Bryn. It was obvious that this small crowd was getting out fo hand. Security dealt with it and it was decided that a safety word was needed in case something happens. I suggested deploy the negro and then I would dive off the stage and tackle whoever it was a la Rey Mysterio. We decided Soundwave would be decidedly less racist.

The bar was closing so I pounded two vodka and cranberries in 5 minutes….Big Mistake. I was pretty buzzed most of the night sharing my love with my brethren as we checked into the hotel. I grabbed my bag went into a room and hit the bed.

We gotta figure out what the deal is with the trailer so that we can make the trip to San Diego tomorrow seven days from now I’ll be playing my first Boy Wonder show in almost two months. It would help if I knew what my set list was.

R.I.P. Cluckmaster

Cluck Master

I hardly Knew Ye

1 comment:

  1. UM, Yeah. I'm pretty SHOCKED to hear you are coming to San DIego and didnt think to TELL me ahead of time!

    *AHEM* ???

    So, luckily I saw the update posted by BC on FB and I'll be there.

    If I had your phone number I'd be calling you bitching right about now...

    ReplyDelete

Counter