Sunday, April 26, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 46

Day 45 - April 25th 2009

This had to be the weirdest wake-up in two months. One, I’m in a bed, Two, I’m at a nice hotel, Three, My parents are in the next room. No guys on the floor, no tip toeing so I don’t wake anyone, no 7 Am shower, the routine I had grown used to had all but been blown up. Weird, different. I’m not with the boys, that’s even weirder.

Dad and I went down to get the free in the lobby. Embassy Suites Free is on a whole other level. Pancakes that I don’t have to make myself, hot syrup fresh fruits, all manner of juices, Starbucks Coffee, and teas…Yeah hotel stays with mom and dad are sweet. We discussed what my plans for the future might be. He’s suggesting employment, I don’t disagree with him, but I know I need something that I can leave for long periods of time and tour if need be, be it with Boy Wonder or Bang Camaro or whatever else might come my way. The two weeks leading up to my departure for this tour were hella stressful, I don’t wanna have to quit another full time job. My dad asked me what it all meant. What was the sum of this experience? What did I learn? I told him I’d have to get back to him on that.

We went up and got mom and then I hopped on the net for a while in the business center and then came upstairs. I watched Transformers for 20 minutes then it watched me for the rest of it. I woke up around 4 for the free cocktail party at 5. Then the folks and I had dinner at 6 and went back upstairs to get ready. Picked up a change of clothes and in a few moments we were headed toward the car to the World Famous Viper Room. It would take us forever to get there, Dad can‘t see the streets signs, no one can, it’s impossible. While in the car I got a txt from my buddy Kevin’s girlfriend Jes. Apparently they had gotten married while I was on the road. They wanted me to be in the wedding but I didn’t pick up my phone that much out here. My nephew/Godson is also crawling now, something else I missed.

We finally arrived and the routine begins. Dan gives me a wrist band and I find the guys, Leslie was wrapping up their set and Parlor Mob from Jersey came on. Once they were done it was time to warm up and rock it one last time.

The stage was small…smaller than usual. The crowd was hot though. They ate up every second of it. As the show was going I looked around and realized that this may be the last time we’re all together. Sure there’ll be more shows, more tours, I’m sure I’ll run to Boston or Charleston and hang out with people but it won’t really be like this ever again. I’ll have to admit I got a little emotional as I shook my hips and gyrated for the hot girl in the front row. I was so busy taking everything in, trying to get through the days and nights, and going bonkers, I hadn’t realized that I had formed a bond with these guys that’ll never be broken, there isn’t a drug, a cocktail, that can match that. Luckily I was done with the introspection in time to do back to backs with Jason Fox. Bang Camaro stage left pretty much rules.

We stuck around and watched the last band. I said some goodbyes, which were very hard to do. I am going to miss their stankin asses. I have like 16 brothers now. There were some mentions of some plans afterwards but nothing materialized so I headed back to the hotel.

My show is tomorrow night. I go back to being Boy Wonder again not that I ever stopped. I love singing and playing and making music. I pick up my football and run with it again. I wonder how strange it will be to perform by myself. I haven’t played a straight up solo acoustic show in…almost two years. Great now I’m nervous…lol a lot of my LA friends say they’re coming so it’ll be good to see them if they show. One more day in LA…gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter