Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boy Wonder: Prfoessional Musician 81

Day 80 - May 30th 2009

My goal was to get out of the house really early so that I could get to the park and write some songs, which is sort of a difficult thing when you live with your parents and there’s laundry to do. I had to get a great deal of that done before I could leave the crib.

I hit Rittenhouse around 2 and strummed away trying to bang out some ideas. There were two that spent most of my time developing. It’s weird not really having a time table as far as finishing and recording songs. It’s not like I can afford to go into a studio and record again, not to mention the songs from Superego are still fresh in my mind and fresh to us as a band. We haven’t even traveled since the album came out. We start doin that next week, very excited.

On the way out of the park I was approached by some people who filmed me talking about PHilly and Dominos Pizza, said they would email me later. Weird

I hung out with Chris Ludd at Bonte then I went back to the park. I got a call from my sister Nichole to meet her at Broad and Oregon. Tonight she, I , my sister and her husband were gonna have rum punch and shrimp night in Jersey. She had been over here working with a new artist from Texas, Brooklyn and it was time for booze and seafood.

When I got to Jersey I played with my nieces we stopped by the liquir store and I saw several cans of Jooze sitting in the refrigetator. One of the girls that worked in there asked me how I knew of Jooze. I gently explained to her how Jooze fueled one of the most unnecessarily bad nights of the tour. They asked me about Sparks and I told them the Austin story. I am not a fan of Alcoholic energy drinks, except for For Loco…lol. They do conjure up pleasant thoughts of certain people.

We got to the house and I played with my nieces for a while before they would have to go to bed. They played me the new Prince Album which was significantly better than the last one (Planet Earth) and then when the kids hit the bed we got boozed up on rum punch and eat all the shrimp in the box…good times.

We spent our stopper watching old episodes of South Park and Martin before I passed out.

Even better times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter