Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 100

Day 99 - June 18th 2009

One day till Cali

I spent most of the day scrambling.

One I needed to pack for my trip. My bag, much smaller than Roxanne has got more than I need (just in case) plus CD’s in the hopes that I’ll sell some while I’m out there. I’m messaging, emailing, calling, the LA faithful to make sure that they are coming. Some are dropping out but I should (hopefully) have a good crowd there. Trying to schedule some other stuff while I’m there too, to kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

Two I’m trying to lock up my show at World CafĂ© live on July 23rd. It’s a little more than a month out and we need all the time we can get to promote the show. I have enough of a show to start promo, if others that I’ve asked wish to come play I can slide them in if need be. But by days end I sent off what I had and all that needs t be hammered out is the ticket price. I’ll have my laptop over the weekend and we can hammer all that stuff out.

Once the folks got home it was time for me to go so I met up with Casey at his place and we headed towards Baltimore. We would be staying with his Girlfriend’s parents. Her mom is going to drive us to the airport because she is awesome. I couldn’t help but laugh as we hit the highway. Here I am on the open road again. I’m asleep in five minutes just like tour, something about moving vehicles. I wake up at a rest stop and go in for some chicken…just like old times, accept I’m riding with one of my best friends, it’s a great way to travel.

I fell asleep again (typical) and woke up at the Keech’s. I tried not to be loud since we were in the suburbs but as we walked inside a car sped past blasting DMX as he grinded to a screeching halt. A guy and two girls pile outside, obviously drunk and loud as all get out. Don’t they teach kids manners anymore?

We’re leaving for the airport at 3 so I probably won’t sleep. MSNBC will keep me awake with it’s deliciously leftist pundits.

I’m very excited about this weekend. Hopefully good things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter