Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 104

Day 103 - June 22nd 2009

I was jarred out of my slumber as the landing gear hit the runway in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Waking up in an airplane is a lot more disorienting than I thought it would be. I had to remember who I was and why I was on this plane. I’m with my buddy Casey and we had a n amazing time in Cali. I played a gig that (at the very least) met expectations and I’ve got two more planes to catch and a drive before I get back to Philadelphia. I notice I got no beverage on the plane…must be the “Fuck em they’re sleep” flight.

Casey and I sat in the Milwaukee airport for quite sometime, no Starbucks in the airport made me cranky. It took a little while and they called our rows. I got on as quickly as possible to load my guitar in the overhead compartment. I dozed off so I didn’t get a complimentary beverage…damnit. A few hours later we hit Memphis.

I couldn’t help but think about the documentary on Stax I saw in Georgia when I was on the Camaro tour. I wish I could have been able to see Memphis, so much of the music we make is inspired by those Stax Records from back in the day. No Starbucks, still cranky. We sat for a bit, chatted, and waited for our flight, sharing the awesomeness that was our trip. Had the show been a disaster I would have been fine with just taking this trip with one of my best buddies.

As we got on the plane we realized that this plane would be smaller than the previous ones which meant I’d have to check my guitar, it’s my pet peeve. I’d rather not have someone who doesn’t care about my guitar handling it at an airport. I threw on my ipod to prevent the claustrophobia from setting in. Fortunately the guy sitting next to me moved to an empty seat to give me some more room. I finally got a free pepsi on the flight and thanked the good Lord when we landed.

Mrs. Keech picked us up and even took us out to lunch I’ve learned a great deal about Casey over the weekend meeting his friends and his girlfriend’s family, I’ve also learned things about his girlfriend that are hilarious.

We hit the road and got back to philly in about two hours. I felt sorry for Casey cause he was gonna be tired going to his Comedy Sports Class. I got to catch up with mom and dad, got a decent meal a went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter