Thursday, June 4, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 85

Day 84 - June 3rd 2009

My busy week continues

I woke up still basking in the glow of the Tritone last Night. Interesting experience that open mic.

I got an email from Philadelphia Casting, turns out they were the strange people with the cameras. They said that the Domino’s people were very interested in me and they wanted to know if I was available. I answered back last night and this morning hopefully I’m not too late, I could use the money. I had just talking about getting back into acting and this opportunity may (or may not) fall in my lap. If anything it’s a wake up call to get my ass in gear on that end.

I spoke with Alex and Sean briefly before I went out to head towards Lickety Split for another show.

As I was en route I got a call from one of my acts letting me know that he just sent me an email saying that he can’t make it tonight leaving a huge hole in my show. Great. This means I’ll have to play after Ami until Aphillyation shows up.

Matt Spitko kicked things off. Very talented dude, he stood in for me at World Café Live while I was away on tour and did a great job they tell me. I met him at the Tin Angel when I went to see Amy Regan and we setup this show. It was his first original music show ever, and if I have it may way it won’t be his last. Ami Verrill followed and was amazing as always. I have to try to put her in a better position to grow her audience.

Then I had to play in place of my canceled artist. I did about 30 minutes and then Aphillyation showed up, and boy did they fill the place up. They played for about two hours. I thought the night went extremely well until I got one of the most frustrating criticisms you can get as a booker. The place was packed but the bar didn’t make a lot of money. Basically a bunch of people sat in the bar and ordered water if anything at all. As a booker/promoter you do your best to get people in the room, so it’s frustrating when no money’s being spent. I discussed this with the band and sort of gave them the idea about what needs to happen next time

I ended around midnight and went home to fall asleep on the couch but not after hoping all these thigns come through.

World Café Live tomorrow and then finally a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter