Monday, June 22, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 103

Day 102 - June 21st 2009

It’s almost like I had this sweet ass dream last night. The gig went better than I expected. At this point whenever I can go someplace and my music is well received…mission accomplished. It was great seeing everyone and it was nice to spend at least one day in Cali unburdened. I get pretty wound up about this stuff especially lately so it was nice not to have to worry about anything for at least a day.

I took some time to think about what actually happened. I’ve played New York and LA in the past two weeks. Sure Saturday was a coffee house show in front of 30 people and I’m not breaking LA box offices yet, but I’ve been blessed to find a way to do what I love, not many people get a chance to do that, it’s pretty sweet.

I called my dad to wish him a happy father’s day. When I booked this stuff on the west coast I forgot that this was father’s day weekend. He and I are pretty close (he flew up to Boston with me for my Bang Camaro audition) so I hate to miss stuff like that. The older I get the more I appreciate both my parents. Once you realize they might know a thing or two about life you can learn a lot from them.

Casey and I went to Starbucks and caught a movie (The Hangover for the third week in a row) after that we hit a BBQ at Hapi Greg (a friend of Casey’s from college)’s house. We tried to hook up with him before on Friday Night and were unsuccessful. There were some cool people there, great food, and free booze, even a guy at the party that brewed his own beer and brought it, you really can’t be that.

He had a hot tub and I hopped inside and shot the shit with the folks at the party about music and other things in entertainment field. It’s cool to get their perspective. A lot of them were film students from the east coast that moved out here. I wonder if this is what my life would be like now had I stayed on that particular path. On my way out of the hot tub I kicked my own glass and cut my foot (cause let’s face it, it’s not a party on the road at someone’s house until I accidentally break something and hurt myself)

We got to LAX around 9, they are super thorough at this airport which means one should probably arrive two hours before the scheduled flight time. We waited quite a bit to grab the plane to Milwaukee but when it was time to load in I made sure Casey and I were on as soon as possible. We had seats next to each other this time which was pretty awesome. We were able to stow all of our bags in the overhead compartments and there were pillows and blankets on all of the seats.

As soon as the plane took off I contorted my body in a comfortable enough position to where I could sleep. It’s hard to believe the trip’s over. I’ll be in Milwaukee when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter