Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 105

Day 104 - June 23rd 2009

Mom and Dad were both home sick from work today so I was here to keep them company.

I also had a great deal to do in reference to the show at World CafĂ© Live on July 23rd. I had to secure a (relatively) very big act moving into the arena of dealing with managers and making sure deals are set in stone. I’m nervous at the proposition but if I want to make a name for myself as a musician and a booker I have to start working with legit acts. I’m a straight shooter so it shouldn’t be an issue. These guys seem to be on board which is going to work wonders for the show and the business. It’s gonna be amazing I think. To have another package to work with when I do shows there is definitely a good thing.

Worked on quite a few melodies today. I figure I’ll work as much as I can without lyrics until the lyrics come. It’s been a slower process than usual but I’m hoping to come out of my funk before it turns into full blown writers block.

I got a call from Jake about going to see the new Transformers movie tonight. So I decided to do that.

The movie was great I’m not sure how I feel about it in reference to the first one but I thought it was pretty cool.

I got in the house at about 3AM and I still can’t sleep, might be one of those nights, awesome considering I have two guitar lessons, Lickety Split, and rehearsal at Church tomorrow. My first busy day since getting back from Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter