Saturday, June 13, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 93

Day 92 - June 11th 2009

I’m still sick from that Gyro I ate at 1 Am in NYC….Brutal. My shoulder is also killing me so the next phone call is going to the producers I was supposed to record with tonight and let him know that we’ll have to postpone. I called and it looks like Tuesday we’ll link up. Another bit of Good news I picked up another guitar student, one I’m really excited about. She wants to learn to play so that she can write songs and perform, things I’m good at.

I get calls and emails asking me how the gig went. Many NYC friends that missed the gig ask when I’ll be returning so that I can book another gig there and have them not show up. I was pleased with last nights show but the next one has to be planned, promoted better. We picked up some new fans and if all of my people ever came to see us at the same time we’d be golden. If we could find some reliable NYC bands to swap with we could build an audience and start with 169 Bar.

I get the ball rolling on this show Downstairs at World Café Live. Most of the bands I usually work with down there are busy that day. I have some…”bigger” ideas this time around but I can’t really talk about them because I don’t want to jinx it. If it works out it could be the biggest HYPE! Show ever. I’m a little anxious because I have to book this show fast so that I can properly promote it.

It’s hair day. Which means I have to spend like an hour washing it.

With New York out of the way the next thing I’m focused on is this Farmers Market gig and the show in LA next weekend. Both are solo shows. I’ve been playing a lot more by myself lately than I did before I left. I was always a bit apprehensive about it but I think I’m more comfortable these days. I have to do what I have to do to get my name out there, I have to be as powerful alone as I would be with 2, 5, 7 other people on stage. I’m very excited about the California trip.

I’ve got a really good idea for a really great song hopefully I don’t screw it up.

I try to make sense of Cassie’s new hairstyle, after I fail I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter