Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 99

Day 98 - June 17th 2009

California in two days…sweet

Not much to do today other than a planning session with Steve and Kelvin for some things in Jefferson Square Park. We may attempt to put together something that looks like a festival over there in the fall. That’s something I’m very excited about but I’m getting ahead of myself as I need to warp the plans for the show in July at World Café Live. I’m always a little tight about doing a show on a weeknight but if I get all the people I want it could be the biggest HYPE! Show ever.

First I had to get some cleaning done around the house. Vacuums, Mops, and even a hairy clog required my attention all morning. Mom had been on my case about getting it done before I left for California. My sister was coming over and the house did look like hell hit it.

I met Steve (Bassist, Absolute Zeros) at his place in South Philly. He lives on the same street as another bassist I played with in a band called Stone Fox. He cooked a delicious dinner and then we watched Wipeout. Kelvin came over and once we were done with Wipeout we went over to a bar called New Wave and met with the guy that’s in charge of Jefferson Square park. As I reached for my wallet I realized that I left my Credit Card at World Café Live at the Back Door Slam show. Luckily I had to make a stop over there after I was done some other business downtown. The meeting was productive, things are looking up.

I headed over there to see Wyldlyfe’s show which I missed cause my other business downtown took longer than I thought. Fitting a meeting, other stuff, and a show in one night is often too much. I was able to come and at least pay my respects before leaving.

I got home and hit the bed pretty early, I knew I had to get up and pack and perhaps work on some tuneage while I was waiting to hit the road with Casey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter