Sunday, June 7, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 88

Day 87 - June 6th 2009

Casey’s Birthday party

Casey Thomasson is one of the very few people in this world that I call best friend. I call him that because he’s one of the very few people I trust completely. Today we would be celebrating his birthday, it’s actually tomorrow but who cares. I would be meeting my buddy Zach on South Street a little later on in the day but not before I escaped to Rittenhouse Square for a little while to work on some songs.

I’ve been listening to quite a bit of Billy Joel lately and it’s starting to creep into my stuff. So I’ll be stopping with the Billy Joel from here on out. Still having this problem with finishing stuff. I feel like I have a lot of things that I want to get out but I’m pretty burnt out from the previous week. If anything I have the skeletons for like 5 or 6 good songs. We’ll see.

I met Zach at Showcase Comics and we bought some stuff for Casey. Jake would follow he needed my bass amp for some gigs he was playing with his band. We discussed some dates so that we don’t have conflicts. Jakes going to be busy this summer.

I enjoyed the party there were a lot of people there that I don’t see often. Just when I was sort of zoning out in walks Chris Wilson Ithaca Music scene powerhouse. He’d come to see Bang Camaro when we played in Ithaca a few months back. Castaways had expressed some interest in me coming up and doing a gig. We discussed possibly the fall. I’ve been dying to play up there, hopefully this works out.

I got home at about 3AM and to my surprise I was locked out of the house. Mom dukes had to let me in. I walked right up the steps and hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter