Monday, June 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 94

Day 93 - June 12th 2009

Today was special and it had nothing to do with me and anything I was doing.

Today was opening night of recitals for my nieces dance school and the “coming to your stuff” rule doesn’t just apply to me and the various Boy Wonderiffic things I do. With my family if you’re doing something that even resembles something hat requires an audience the rest of us are there, snapping pictures and cheering loudly like black folk at a horror movie. Case in point, my parents all over this region and recently the country watching me perform.

I woke up did some stuff in regards to the World CafĂ© Live show July 23rd I’m making quite a bit of progress but once the folks came and got me I decided I’d wait until tomorrow to worry about all things associated with the HYPE! We meet up with some other family members and head over to Winslow Township in New Jersey to watch the dance recital.

The plan is very simple Jordan (My 6 year old niece) is in the first number Taylor (My 11 year old nice0 and her friend Asia are in the 6th number. We watch, grab them and get out of there.

Jordan does tumbling, it was some sort of Lion King type theme or something. I was a bit puzzled as to what was going on. There were a lot of flips, I like that. Perhaps we can keep Jordan in these classes and then I can turn her into some sort of ninja.

Taylor did some sort of island dance. I realize that she’s 11 almost as tall as I am and developing at an alarming rate and to top it all of no one asked my permission for her to grow up at all. She should stay 7 forever. That’s just my opinion I could be wrong.

We got back to the house watched a little wipeout and then headed back to the crib. I had a gig in the early morning so I tried to get some rest which was next to impossible for some strange reason. I think I hit the bed at 4am, which doesn’t bode well for my day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter