Monday, June 29, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 110

Day 109 - June 28th 2009

My cell phone alarm goes off at 7 Am, why the hell am I getting up this early on a Sunday? Mainly cause my boy Chris a.k.a. DJ Hi Beta is spinning at a coffee shop on 5th Street right off of South Street at 9. Why is a man DJing this early in the morning? Seems a little weird but since I haven’t been out to one of his shows in quite some time and since I could make it I went.

I threw on some MJ on the ipod on the way. I listened to Off the Wall all the way through for the first time in a while. I was definitely struttin down an empty south street as I can’t help it blared through my earphones. But as I walked down 5th street I couldn’t find this place. I’m callin Chris over and over again and getting no answer as I walk all the way to Catherine Street and back to south. At about 10 he finally picks up. Turns out he was sleep inside the coffee shop and he works there meaning he could have started DJing whenever he wanted.

I chilled there for about 2-3 hours before I left. My folks were leaving for Disney tonight so I needed to be there to see them off. We made enough food for the week, packed their stuff, packed an outfit for me (I’ll be traveling down there Thursday) and they left with my niece Brooklin and her mother.

I spent the remainder of the evening working on tunes and watching the tube. It’s pretty quiet here. Still struggling with lyrics I stayed up pretty late and hit the bed.

Monday should be relatively easy seeing as though I have nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter