Thursday, July 2, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 111

Day 110 - June 29th 2009

It’s quiet here without the folks. With them in Florida and Philly Rising cancelled again I have no reason to really go out. Well except for my early morning jogs. I had stopped because running everyday on concrete was tearing up my body so I devised a plan. I would run on days when I wouldn’t be doing a lot of walking around. It would be a chance to get out of the house and get some exercise when I don’t have to be at World Café Live or Lickety or wherever else I need to walkt ot he train and then walk to. Ultimately that’ll come to two to three times a week spent jogging.

When I got back I showered and almost immediately started working on tunes. It’s really exciting on one hand as I’m coming up with things that will basically translate to fully formed songs, but lyrically I’ve got nothing. A songwriter with nothing to write about, I often fear the well is dry, that I’ve reached a point where maybe I could do something with myself and I’ve got nothing…damn. Hopefully that isn’t the case.

I worked on some Boy Wonder stuff trying to find a Michigan and possibly a Chicago date to go with this date in Minneapolis date in October. Still at the show swap mode (basically a band gives you a gig in their hometown in exchange for a gig in your hometown) as far as trying to route a tour. Getting all this stuff off the ground can be tougher than it looks but this Minneapolis date looks solid we should bring a decent crowd.

I had to work on some stuff for the HYPE! As I search for a Friday Night venue to books shows along with trying to close up the summer at Lickety Split. July’s almost done and August is getting there. Hopefully before I hit the plane for Florida I’ll have most of this stuff wrapped up.

I stayed up for a while to catch the new weeds and then I hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter