Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musican 122

Day 121 - July 10th 2009

Dad was home today. He had a sleep study to go to so he got home this morning. We cleaned the house a bit and then I headed out to try to catch DanI Mari. She couldn’t meet me till later so I decided to play in the park for a while and call my good buddy Barb for a meet up. She makes me laugh. We grabbed some lunch and sat in Rittenhouse Square for a while catching up and talking and then decided to go see Bruno.
The movie was wildly (and hilariously) inappropriate and once it was done I got back to the park.

I ended up running into Meron a very talented singer/songwriter from the area who I found out was running a booking agency handling some big money acts. I ended up getting into another industry conversation. A guy walked up to him and basically in a very douchey fashion told Meron that he needed to do something for him and his stable of artists. When are people gonna figure out that people don’t really wanna do anything for you unless you are bringing something to the table. Then I got the txt message I’d been waiting for. They want me to take over Fridays at Lickety Split. I was very excited. I knew I’d be spending the weekend trying to figure out what we had and what I needed to bring in to make it all work.

I ended up having dinner with my parents. I was all abuzz about it as I fielded phone calls on the ride over and tried to curb them at the table. This could mean good things for me and all who are involved. Everything (for now) seems to be falling into place. The next few months are going to be interesting. Me and the folks went to Longhorns and had steak and then I had to shoot over to Lickety to meet up with Tommy and discuss particulars.

Jake met me there so we had a few drinks, talked future musical plans, talked to some girls and Tommy and I finalized everything, I would need to hunt people down and see if gigs had been cancelled and then organize accordingly. I ended up leaving around closing time and hitting the bed pretty late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter