Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 120

Day 119 - July 8th 2009

Long day yesterday. For the first time in weeks I feel like I actually worked…lol As more and more people are interested in me teaching them guitar I have to make sure that I schedule things properly allowing me the flexible and freedom to do all that needs to be done. The show at World CafĂ© Live is two weeks from tomorrow and I’ll be kicking things into high gear as far as that goes. I have Lickety Split tonight but today I thought I’d spend the day at Rittenhouse working on some songs. I figured maybe I’d take Mom and Dad out to Lunch before I went. Things are looking better financially then they did in previous weeks so kicking it with the folks couldn’t hurt.

I headed over to the park and I got inspired getting through a verse and a chorus of a song called Possession. It’s dark and funky, at least it will be once I get around to laying it down, I’m very, very excited. While over there I ran into Chris and just as I was about resume writing I ran into Steve. He was going to a meeting regarding the Jefferson Square festival that I had just been brought into help book and promote. They were checking out the space so I decided to just go over there with them.

The meeting was productive. They’re really interested in Bang Camaro. The though of those two acts sharing he same bill is intriguing. Hopefully they can work it out with the business folks. It looks like this festival may be huge, I’m looking forward to planning it as the date approaches.

After the meeting was over I walked over to Lickety Split. I had some concerns about tonight’s turnout. We had an act cancel and another that’s hit or miss. But like the last few weeks the place was packed. People Boozin it up havin a good time and playing music. I was really impressed with City Line and band fronted by Mike Mitchell, a guy that I played shows with when I was first starting out with the Boy Wonder project. There are few guys from when I first started still making music so it’s awesome to see an old friend with a new project. He’s gotten even better as a singer, his voice is filled with so much emotion and soul and the songs really grab at you. They’ve got a good look, I can see them as a band that girls would like.

All in all it was another good night at Lickety Split. Good week so far in general so we’ll see what happens in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter