Monday, July 6, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 114

Day 113 - July 2nd 2009

I didn’t sleep. I’ve got a plane to catch to Orlando today to meet up with my family.

I opted out of this years family vacation, I needed to be here so that I can make money Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at least and I’m not really that big a fan of the whole Disney thing and I’m not really a fan of doing something over that long a period of time with the large version of the family unit. Everybody in my family are either small children, middle aged folks with kids, or old people making it a bit difficult for the single, childless guy to have a whole lot of fun. After my trip to California a few weeks back with Casey I realized the way I’d like to vacation, and it’s the opposite of the general Coles family experience. But in the weeks leading up my sister told me that her husband was goin to Germany and needed someone to sit in the car with him and keep him awake while he drove back to the city. After some arm twisting I said yes.

Cheryl (My Godmother) came to get me around 5. She drove up to the airport and I got through security to get on the plane and as we sat about ten minutes go by and the pilot makes an announcement.

Pilot: This is your Capitan speaking, according to our friends at O’haire International Airport, the entire systems have crashed. So we’ll be sitting here on the plane until they get back on-line.

Ok how in the blue hell does an entire airport crash, I guess I’d rather be on the ground instead of falling out of the sky so we waited for a while and then proceeded to Chicago an hour behind schedule. Once I hit Chicago I had a two hour layover and then I hit the plane headed to Orlando. As we sat there time passed and the Pilot makes an announcement

Pilot: This is your Capitan speaking, we have a very important part on the plane that needs to be replaced, it tells us if the engine is working properly so we’re gonna need everyone to sit tight until we get it replaced.

Again I ‘m frustrated, this is a trip I would have preferred not to have taken, and now I’m delayed in getting here. But on the other hand I’d rather be delayed than fall out of the sky. So we waited an hour opr so and someone arrived to replace the part. I got off the plane and headed towards the exit.

Dad picked me up and we headed towards Universal, I noticed that every road in Orlando has tolls, remind me not to come down here. After a few minutes we arrived put together mom’s scooter and headed towards the park.

I only had to spend four hours in the park. We hit some rides and I spent some time with my nieces, I’m glad I don’t have any children. Kids be bouncing off the walls and stuff and amusement parks make them extra excited. I got to hit some coasters and eat some food before we left.

There were tacos at my sister and her husband’s suite. We watched some news about all the stuff surrounding Michael Jackson’s death and the custody battle and what not I dozed off and when I woke up it was time to go. When we got back to my parents’ suite I made up the couch and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter