Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 130

Day 129 - July 18th 2009

I woke up at around 10 to the news that my nieces would be coming over today. Luckily for me I had to be at The Tritone by 6. I’m not really a kid person, as a person who spends the majority of his day in noisy environments I like quiet at home and kids aren’t quiet. I love them of course and can’t wait to see them, they just have a sort of energy that makes me wanna wear condoms…even when I’m not having sex. I think all teenagers that think they are ready for sex should spend some time with a few kids and then they can see
what a job it really can be.

I set up Madea goes to Jail for them and my mom and when that was over we ventured downtown so that I could get to my show on-time. I took the kids for water ice and was dropped off at the Tritone.

I was performing as a part of The Perfect Ten, a showcase put on by The Absolute Zeros celebrating the one-year anniversary of their Tuesday Night Open Mic event. I was truly honored to be a part of it.

One of the acts was a no show so I volunteered to play a short acoustic set for the small crowd that was there.

Michelle
Ain’t No Way
Man In The Mirror
(I Think We Should) Breakup

It was pretty sweet playin on Kelvin’s guitar. Dave an old friend from Rittnehouse Square happened to come in with his girlfriend and sat and watched. They were partial to Man In The Mirror. The Quelle Source came in so I was finished.

There were a lot of really great acts including the new lineup for The Absolute Zeros with Bill on Lead Guitar and Sharkey (a really talented kid) on Drums. We got through and about six hours later it was time to go on.

Bill was sitting in again on drums for me cause Rob is still recuperating from tonsil surgery. I wasn’t as nervous tonight because we were playing for 30 minutes and not four hours. So I could pick a set of songs that sounded really good last night.

Superhero
(Oh) I wish I loved You
How Can This Be Love
The Way You Make Me Feel
Feels So Good
Walking On The Moon

The set was pretty killer. Bill really had a great feel for the songs that were chosen. I think last night’s Lickety Split gig did a lot for us as far as tightening up. We stuck mainly to the songs of the last record, which Bill knows extremely well. After you play with someone you get a good feel for tempo and speed. Bill did a really great job and Jake is as rock solid as always.

In the middle of the set Amanda Shames (Former Boy Wonder Guitarist) walked in. It was great to see her face again. I hadn’t really seen her since she left the band a few years ago. Still the adorable sweet kid I remember. I really wanted to sit and drink a bunch of booze with her but she and I will have to do that at a later date. I missed her in bunches.

My ride came and got me and I went home around 2. Dad was preaching tomorrow and I didn’t want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter