Thursday, July 30, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 141

Day 140 - July 29th 2009

“If you wanna make God Laugh tell him what you have planned”


I take for granted how much I use my legs on a daily basis. With no car generally if I’m traveling anywhere I walk at least a block or three to even get to public transit. With this injury it makes it a tad difficult to get around. Luckily I only had one place to go today and could sit at home and rest.

Casey and Zach came by in the afternoon and brought by Green lantern First Flight the newest DC Direct to DVD Animated Feature. It was pretty good, I’m hoping that the Ryan Reynolds live action adaptation will be just as good. They really picked up my spirits as I have been a miserable prick for the better part of the week.

After we came up with a new life motto they left and my folks got home. When I was ready I hobbled into the car and we drove down to Lickety Split. Kelvin and the crew were waiting as I arrived. He was playing solo acoustic tonight and he brought some buddies with him. I had some concerns about the attendance since it rained for the better part of the afternoon.

Frank Biscotti kicked things off and he played a solid set followed by Justin Barron. Both of these guys should be packing joints the World Over especially Justin. The night didn’t really get going until Kelvin hit the stage. He presented something that was on a universally different vibe than what he does with The Absolute Zeros. I think He may have only played two tunes from the Zero’s catalogue. Alan Ens hit the stage next. I dig him cause it sounds like chaos unless you’re really listening. The guys really good and everything he does is so deliberate.

JT and Hi Beta closed out the night spinnin some 70’s soul. They did an excellent job of keeping people there. And the party was still goin at 1:45 when I left.

I went home iced my ankle took some Aleve and went to sleep. I’m getting used to sleeping with the leg elevated. Not to mention I’m starting to feel better, I should be thankful. The injury could have been a lot worse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter