Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 125

Day 124 - June 13th 2009

Monday Monday Monday.

Not a whole lot to do today. Philly Rising is off again for two weeks so I’ll be spending most of my time getting things ready for next Thursday’s show, starting promo for when we do come back at Philly Rising and trying to put together the little short stints at spots throughout the year, and the daunting task of booking a club twice a week…every week. I sent out a bunch of emails trying to get things straight and after I was done I decided it was songwriting time so I ventured down to Rittenhouse Square.

I got Funky at the Park for a while working on some tunes. I had some interesting concepts come through the pike. Nothing in the vein of a complete song but I’m getting there.

I ran into B Dell with his daughter. We kicked it for a while and talked shop, I’ve been tryin to get him in as the Lickety Split DJ on Saturday Nights for the old school jam that Tommy (the owner) wants to do. We talked about the music biz and old friends and what they are doin now. Ken, and old friend who was just learning to play the last time I saw him, happened to be in the park. It had been 3 years since I saw him and he’d gotten a lot better at guitar and picked up the harmonica. Lily (from Saturday) joined us and purchased three tickets, it was pretty sweet. She told me that her mom has a blues band and I told her to have her call me about filling one of these empty slots at Lickety Split.

It was around ten so I hopped the bus and went home after failing to stay up and watch Weeds. Only one more Philly Risingless Monday to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter