Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 123

Day 122 - July 11th 2009

Saturday, not a whole lot to report today.

Working on the Festival mostly in the morning trying to hook up acts with money people to confirm them for the show. I’ve only been doing this full time for a month or two but it feels like forever sometimes. With me taking over Lickety Split I’ve got a lot of work to do, there were a lot of things sort of left on the floor and the ship needs to be tightened.

After a few hours on the phone introducing myself to some of the guys that play there regularly I took a break. Letting this consume my life 24/7 is a crazy proposition. So I decided to have some fun. I called Casey and we decided to go out….He wanted to go to Lickety Split to play darts. So I knew I’d be going back into the Lions Den.

Once Casey, Julie, Lily, and I arrived on South Street we remembered that it was Greek Weekend. It’s when all the black college frats get together and throw a weekends worth of parties a byproduct of this is a bunch of black folk just wandering around south street. Cops who are probably scared out of my minds (lets face it if the hundreds of people on the street decide to start a revolution the handful of cops are as good as toast) are a little more on edge and hostile towards people than usual. We were able to get into the bar without much trouble.

We went into the bar and had a few drinks, some fun, and we played some darts. I’m a little better from that night Fox and Dan showed me how to play at the Lesbian bar in Amarillo, not much better though. We had to be locked inside of the bar for a while cause a cop got beat down. I used the extra time to take a look at the calendar to make sure what I know about the booking is the same thing that’s on the calendar, it’s not… lol.

Once it got a bit late to be there we skedaddled on home. I hit the bed hoping to not have to go to church tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter