Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 140

Day 139 - July 28th 2009

The swelling was worse this morning that it was last night, mom made an appointment. I hopped into the car and was driven into Jefferson Family Medicine where the doctors took a look at me. He figured it was a sprain but wanted me to get an x-ray…great. Who knows how much that’s going to cost.

My dad drives me over and I got to the X-Ray place. The nice security guy throws me in a wheel chair and gets me to my destination. When I go to the person at the front desk she asks do I have insurance I tell her no and she looks at me as if I told her that I eat ass. She goes in the back and comes out and lets me know that I have to pay for this. Something I am painfully aware of. She processes me and I get my X-Ray. I get wheeled outside and when I get there my Dad’s waiting with another wheel chair.

Dad wheeled me back to the sports medicine office. If you’ve ever met him the very sight of him pushing me through the streets of Center City is simply priceless. The doctors confirm my suspicions, it’s a sprain. I don’t even need a boot. Just an air cast for when I’m walking around. t means now I have to go to Rothman. The doctor even mentioned physical therapy since I’m athletic (I guess if you call jogging and playing guitar with your teeth athletic)

Dad wheels me inside up the elevators and into Rothman. I approach another lady at a front desk and I have to tell her that I don’t have insurance. Then I have to watch her give me the east ass face…twice in one day. We get the air cast and I’m instructed in the fine art of wearing it. I long for the days when I can stick my foot in something and it heals my injury in seconds.

It’s going to take to heal my doc says. I’m not that patient a guy when it comes to this stuff. I’m terrified of the bill. I know it’s going to be high as hell since I’m uninsured. Didn’t I vote to put the democrats in the house and senate so they could help The President get this done. Fix this Shit.

I only had one guitar lesson today which was a lot more trying that usual since I had to walk on the bum ankle. Good thing for me I purchased some Aleve. I would have preferred some vicodin but Aleve’ll have to do. The lesson went pretty well then I got to go home and rest my ankle.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today. I have a Festival Gig this Saturday and I still have to figure out how I’m gonna do it on one leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter