Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 131

Day 130 - July 19th 2009

Dad preaches today, and like all family functions like these, we’re all due to be there. My nieces are all over the house, apparently they slept over. They have to get up and get dressed. My mother convinces me to wear a tie, to “support” my dad, I dunno how that supports him but today I don’t feel like arguing. Dad leaves ahead of us as I leave with mom and the girls.

We get there at 10 when the service starts. A few songs and prayers later my Dad hit’s the pulpit. The name of the sermon is called turn on your light. It was the kind of sermon that makes one squirm in his seat. It called the congregation to task about exactly what we’re doing to build up the body of Christ, who do we tell about Jesus etc. and how us shining our light creates a collective large light to shine throughout the World. More often than not Christians have their light off. As a spiritual leader one has to challenge people sometimes. The new warm and fuzzy trend in Christianity often criticizes the outside world but often forgets to let the believers know that they are screwing up.

A new slogan was born…Don’t make me turn off my light! Sometimes the mess around me makes me wanna turn off my light and get nasty. Hopefully you won’t have to hear me say that often.

After the sermon we went to lunch/dinner and spent some time together. Nikki came by and brought my nephew Aydan, I haven’t seen either one in about a month. So it was good to see them. We left the restaurant and headed to Shon and Steve’s and kicked it for a while there before going home.

We got home and I considered going out. Then I laid on my couch and that was the end of that chapter. Tommorow’ll be the last Monday I have off for a while. I’m looking forward to getting through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter