Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 118

Day 117 - July 6th 2009

I took a jog today. The released endorphins just make me feel better about life in general. I’m tryin to figure out what exactly to do on the days I’m not jogging. I may end up jogging everyday again we’ll see.

My folks got back around 1. I was glad to see them back safe and sound. I ate some lunch and ran some errands with my dad that included me putting money in the bank (always a good feeling boys and girls) and stopping over at World Café Live for Philly Rising (an even better feeling)

We’ve been gone almost the entire month of June, they book shows on Mondays sometimes but never this many in a row. I was concerned that the turnout wouldn’t be great because people would be turned off from us being gone. But I got there at 4:30 and there were already 5 people in line. By the time we got to sign ups at 6:30 there were 30+…they haven’t forgotten about us. My old drummer Craig Kauffman was my sound guy instead of Bob Beach. He went the extra mile micing drums and amps, he seemed very excited to be working that night. He hasn’t been there long.

I opened the night up with a short set as usual, I kicked off my set with Man in The Mirror and banged through some Boy Wonder tunes. It was the first time in a while I played there without Bob on Harmonica so I had to play some stuff I don’t normally get down on.It was a lot of fun to play to a packed house that early in the night. I saw PM from Phunkyman there to pick up tickets. We’ve got a show there together July 23rd and it’s good to see people other than me out there grinding.

It was an awesome crowd. So many people not even performing just there to check out the open mic. Spectators, A&R Guys, nutcases, hot girls, and all things in between and I felt like I had them in the palm of my hand form there on out , no one talked while I was talking. There were a lot of great acts ranging from Singer/Songwriters to Hip-Hop to Funk and Reggae bands and even some rock bands. Our standout was Melissa Clampffer who’ll go onto our monthly competition. Her birthday’s tomorrow and she invited me to her party. Why do people even bother living in Northeast Philly

It ended at 11 and I came home beat. The start of a busy week. I have two lessons and a recording session tomorrow so things are looking good. Speaking of the 23rd I need to schedule a rehearsal for sometime soon. I guess I’ll miss the Michael Jackson memorial. I heard Mayer was playing, I guess I can tape it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter