Thursday, July 2, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 112

Day 111 - June 30th - 2009

I had this dream last night. It was about me having this black tie show for my birthday bash this year. Guys in suits girls in cocktail dresses. Even the bands, everybody just getting their rat pack on. Maybe it was a show in Vegas or something, something I always envisioned myself doing as I go older. It was pretty weird. But then again I’ve been having some pretty weird creative ideas lately. Some that I should probably just go ahead and fully embrace so I can lose the rest of my cotton picking mind.

With no lessons to give today the attention focuses back on music. I locked up July for Lickety Split and was really looking for the show tomorrow. I got a call for another recording session scheduled for next Tuesday. I gotta figure out a way to turn this stuff into bigger money. One must pay his dues first though, I understand that, perhaps someday all these things I’m doing will yield and even greater reward. I hope its sooner rather than later though.

After some time with the laptop I picked up the guitar and started strumming through all the ideas I’d been working on until the replay of the BET Awards came on. Most of it was to honor Michael Jackson. Some of the stuff was nice but it does make you notice that a lot of the performers today have got the dancing and the looking good part down but have really in my opinion missed the boat on what I thought were Michael’s greatest weapons, singing and songwriting. There were so many performances I saw where the singers didn’t deliver the goods live. That bothers me.

I get a call from Teremeh before I go to bed. Her and Josh need help moving tomorrow so I’m gonna roll over and do that before I do everything else that needs to be done. I should get some rest tomorrow’s gonna be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter