Monday, July 6, 2009

Boy Wonder: Professional Musician 115

Day 114 - July 3rd 2009

I had a long ride ahead of me today. My bro-in-law had to drive back to Philly from Orlando and I would be keeping him company. We got up in the morning and had breakfast, went to the rental car place to get another car for my sis and the kids and we were on the road.

Other than being one of the coolest dudes on Earth the advantage of riding with Steve is that they have Satellite Radio in their car. So I got to listen to the Foxxhole station, Jamie Foxx’s channel. They have standup comedy clips, music and today they were broadcasting from Vegas where Jamie Foxx’s tour is starting. They talked about a lot of things, mainly Michael Jackson and the music industry.

It was getting late so we pulled over at South of The Border, the attraction/shopping center/eatery at the Carolina Border. It seemed a lot cooler when I was 6. A lot of fireworks stores. We peed there and decided that it was a bit dirty to sit down and have food so we moved on to something a little cleaner.

Once we got back in the car Steve (who’s a huge Prince fan) popped in Prince’s new double album. I liked LotusFlower a lot I like MLPSSounds even better. This guy is a beast and even though I have albums that I like less than others, Prince’s output is one of the better one’s in pop music. It’s like no matter what era you’re talking about when you throw a Prince record on you know it’s him.

I fell asleep for about twenty minutes and when I woke up Steve was still flying. We were gonna get back to Philly in time for me to enjoy the 4th of July festivities here which I was glad about.

We arrived at my house at 5 AM I watched a little TV to decompress and then I fell asleep. Hopefully I don’t oversleep and miss everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter